Our objective is:
To manage Kinder House primarily as an historic house museum and art gallery for the display of the paintings, photographs and memorabilia of the Revd Dr John Kinder and other art collections to celebrate NZ's cultural heritage; and as a community asset for use by organisations and the community generally.
Our philosophy is:
To provide opportunities for the people of Auckland and visitors from New Zealand and overseas to gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the works of artists in the context of NZ artistic history.
• To recognise and respect the heritage value of Kinder House.
• To have Kinder House recognised as an historic and artistic focal point for the Auckland community.
• To encourage voluntary participation by members of the Society and the local community in the operation of the House and in hosting and guiding visitors to the House.
To this end we seek:
• To maintain Kinder House in a manner that presents it to the public as a well used and well cared for heritage building.
• To publicise Kinder House as a venue for meetings and for community & corporate functions.
• To promote Kinder House as an interesting art gallery with both permanent and changing exhibitions, and as an educational resource for the community.